iPhone’s have been very popular for its unique design, clean UI and easy to use operating system. You must own one since you are reading this article. You can’t deny the fact that iPhones are equipped with wonderful cameras as well.
Although these cameras are not greater in the megapixel count compared to other modern smartphone cameras, but still they are always better than their contemporaries at producing images with great dynamic range and less noise.
The real problem arrives when you need to transfer these photos from your iPhone to your PC. You may have a lot of images stored on your iPhone, many precious moments and important screenshots that you need on your personal computer.
Therefore, we are here with the top five ways by which you can transfer the photos stored on your iPhone successfully to your personal computer, which is running the Windows Operating System.
Do you transfer photos from iPhone to computer? You might be wondering how do I transfer photos from iPhone to computer, so let’s get started, here is How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer, I will show you the easiest way to transfer photos from iPhone to PC. You can also delete all the Photos from iPhone.
Move Photos From your iPhone to your Local Disk on your PC With Windows Explorer
For this procedure, you need to have your lightning cable. You need to connect your iPhone to your computer while your iTunes is closed. The windows operating system will treat your iPhone as just another digital camera or a media player.
There are two ways by which this can work.
Using the “Media Device” mode
- Unlock your iPhone.
- Make sure iTunes isn’t running in the background.
- Wait for any popup which asks you, what you want to do with the device.
- Select “ View Content”
- Browse through the photos located in different folders.
- Select the ones which you want to copy. (CTRL+C)
- Paste the images wherever you want on your computer (CTRL+V)
Using the “Digital Camera” mode
- Unlock your iPhone
- Open up My Computer
- Find your iPhone, it should be listed under the Portable Devices
- Select the photos you want, and copy (CTRL+C) and paste (CTRL+V) them to your desired location.
Do remember to unlock your iPhone before you go with any of the two ways. Otherwise, your iPhone will not be listed under Removable Devices in Windows Explorer.
If you are facing a similar problem to that, all you need to do is press on the lock button and unlock the iPhone. All your pictures should be visible now.
Transfer your Photos from your iPhone to your PC Using iCloud
Using iCloud to transfer the photos is probably one of the easiest ways to transfer. By using this procedure, you are transferring the files over Wi-Fi and therefore it doesn’t cost any of your internet bandwidth as well.
- Turn on iCloud on your iPhone.
- Turn on Photo Stream.
- Download iCloud Control Panel on your computer which is running Windows Operating System.
- All of your photos will get saved within a minute if you are connected to Wi-Fi.
- If you are not connected to Wi-Fi, the pictures will get synced once you get connected to a Wi-FI connection.
So transferring photos from iPhone to computer/pc can be an easy task using this method. The disadvantages of using this method is that you cannot sync videos. You cannot sync photos taken before iCloud, it has to be switched on as well.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer Using iTunes
Before we start, it is recommended that you place your desired photos in one single folder as it will be much easier later to transfer those photos.
- Plug in your iPhone to your computer.
- Unlock your iPhone.
- Open up iTunes.
- Find your iPhone in iTunes and click on the Photos tab.
- Click on the tab which says “Sync Photos”.
- Select “Choose Folder” from the drop down menu.
- Choose the folder you just created and organize all the photos in.
- Click on “Apply” in order to start the transfer.
This is how you can transfer photos using the official iTunes application by Apple.
Move Photos from your iPhone to your Computer Using TunesGo
TunesGo is one of the best ways by which you can transfer photos from your iPhone to your computer. It is easy to use and better than iTunes, making it perfect for newbies.
On top of that, TunesGo comes with a video conversion tool which helps to convert unsupported audio or video formats to the right ones for seamless playback.
Please note that TunesGo is a paid software, but you do get a thirty days money back guarantee service and unlimited free updates.
Follow the steps to move photos from your iPhone to your computer :
- Unlock your iPhone.
- Plug it into your computer.
- Open TunesGo on your computer.
- Click on “Photos” button in the left directory.
- After that, check the photos that you have on your iPhone and click on “Export To” in order to export them to any location on your personal computer running Windows Operating System.
Please note that for this method to work, you need to have iTunes installed on your computer for the iPhone drivers to stay installed. You don’t need to open iTunes and therefore you can say that TunesGo is an alternative to iTunes.
Transfer your Photos from your iPhone to your Computer Using Dropbox
If you are using the immensely popular cloud storage solution “Dropbox”, you are eligible to use that as well. At first, you need to install Dropbox Application onto your iPhone and also on your computer.
Follow the steps in order to transfer the photos successfully using this method :
- Download and Install Dropbox Application on both iPhone and also on your computer.
- Tap on the + icon in the top left corner.
- Select the photos you need to transfer.
- Choose any upload destination as you like and start the upload.
- Open up your PC.
- Your photos will get downloaded (synced) automatically to your computer.
These are the best ways by which you can easily transfer the photos from your iPhone to any computer running Windows Operating System. All of the above methods have been tested and works with iPhone 5 and above and Windows 7 and above.
So here is How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer, all these methods have personally been used by me and all these methods are working perfectly as well so this is how do I transfer photos from iPhone to PC.
It is as simple as that, I hope that this article is useful to you and has also clarified all your doubts regarding this process. However, if you’ve got any other queries do let us know in the comments section down below and we will and we will do our best to resolve your queries.