Potential hijacking threats for our online accounts are increasing day-by-day. Hackers are targeting personal user accounts nowadays, and are exploiting their personal information.
Among all your online accounts, your Google account must be the most secured online account. But, why is your Google Account so important?
Well, nowadays a single Google Account is linked to various medias like YouTube, Blogger, Google+, Gmail etc. So, when you login to your Google Account, you’re technically logging in to all these online sites.
And similarly, if someone intrudes onto your Google Account, he can easily gain access to all your Google related accounts. And this poses a serious threat, as many people use their Google Account as their CC and make purchases using it. And many people store their personal as well as official documents on their Google Account.
So, as this is indeed a serious threat, you really need to go for additional methods to protect your Google Account. And the best way to wrap your Google Account with an additional layer of protection, is by activating a 2 step account verification for your Google Account. And today, we will be guiding you through a tutorial on how to protect your Google Account using 2 step account verification method.
What Does The “2 Step Account Verification” Method, Means Afterall?
Well, what is this 2 step account verification method, after all?
How does it help to keep your Google Account safe from intrusions?
Well, here is the point. If you have the 2 step account verification method running, whenever you login to your Google Account using your email address and password, you’ll be asked for a third secret security code that’ll be sent to your Mobile Phone, each time you login.
So, this way you’re virtually adding a second layer of protection to your Google Account. As now intruders will need a third code, other than your email address and password, in order to break into your account !
Then below is the detailed tutorial on how to setup 2 step account verification for your Google Account.
How To Setup 2 Step Account Verification For Your Google Account:
Below is the detailed tutorial on how to setup 2 step account verification for your Google Account:
- First of all, login to your Google Account.
- Then, click here to open the 2 step account verification page on a new tab.
- Now, hit the Start Setup button.
- Now, you’ll be taken back to the login page of your Google Account. Type in your login credentials and login once again.
- Then select “Text Message [SMS]/Voice Calls” as the verification option.
- Now enter your mobile phone number and select your country.
- Now select whether you want to receive the code as text message or voice call.
- And you’ll then receive your verification code via the method you chose.
- Now enter the verification code that you received back on the setup page.
- Click verify. Now Google will verify your code. After verification, hit the “Next” button.
- After proceeding, you’ll see a list of 10 backup codes.
- These backup codes can be used to login, if you don’t have your Mobile Phone nearby, or if you have lost your phone.
- You can use one code at a time. And using these 10 codes, you can login 10 times. Which means, one code will only work once.
- As these codes are very important, write it down and save it in a place, thats always accessible for you [like your wallet].
- Now, check the box titled “Yes, I have a backup copy of the verification codes”. And hit next.
- Now finish your setup process, and you’re done.
Remember, you always need your mobile phone nearby, while logging into your Google Account. As each time, the verification code will be sent to your mobile phone. If you don’t have your mobile phone nearby, and still wants to login to your Google Account, then you can use 1 among the 10 backup codes provided to you. And a code will be invalid after a single use.
Finally, this was a tutorial to setup 2 step account verification for your Google Account. I hope you found this tutorial helpful, in case of any doubts regarding this topic, please leave a comment below, and we’re here to help you out ! 😀