Have you accidentally deleted your images, files, etc. from your hard-drive or memory card? And are you now struggling to recover deleted files? No more worries, as you’ve come to the right place.
Today we will be checking out how to recover deleted images, files, etc. from your hard-drive or memory card.
How Are Deleted Files From Your Hard-Drive or Memory Card Restored?
Before going on with the procedures on How You Can Recover Deleted Files, you’ll probably be asking yourself, how is it possible to recover some files, when it is completely wiped away from your device’s hard-drive?
Whenever you delete some files from your device, you believe it to be removed from the device’s hard-drive itself, right?
Whenever you delete files from your hard drive or memory card or even format them, the files are actually not lost.
But, what your storage drive does is that it empties your storage space, but keeps a virtual copy of your deleted files [or cache]. Even though this cache is there, you’ll not see the files nor do they take up your disk space.
Now, whenever your hard-drive or memory card gets filled up, these virtual copies of deleted files will be removed, in order to get more free space to store your files.
And when you use some software to recover deleted files, they rely on this possibility to Restore Deleted Files from the virtual copy, hence you get your files back. Most of the softwares are used to recover image files only.
But you can also recover other software. Today we are going to discuss such software used to Recover Files named, Recuva.
Recover Deleted Files From Your Memory Card Or Hard-Disk Using Recuva :
Now we will see how you can View Deleted Files and restore them using Recuva Software :
- First of all, download and install Recuva Software.
- After the installation gets over, run the Recuva software application from your desktop.
- From the dialog box that appears, click Next.
- Then you will be given some formats like All Files, Pictures, Music, etc.
- If you’re searching for a specific file, then choose its type from the list given, else select “All Files” and click on “Next“.
- Then you’ll be prompted to select the drive to search in. If you know from where you deleted your file then select the same storage drive. Else select “I’m not sure” and proceed.
- After that Start, the search, and Recuva will then recover your deleted files.
- Completion time depends on your selection, if you choose a specific drive to search in, then it will take less time. Or if you opted to search and recover deleted files from the whole system, then it may take some time. So stay calm and let the process get finished.
- After the recovery process gets over, you’ll be displayed with a dialog box with all the recovered files from your hard-disk and/or external storage devices.
- From the recovered files, select the files that you want to be restored to your desktop or external storage, and finally, those files will get restored.
So, finally you have finished your “Recover Deleted Files” process, and you must have got your files back. In case of any queries or issues, please leave a comment below!