JDownloader is a popular download management tool that can handle downloads from file-sharing sites with features such as fast download rates, control over your downloads, and bandwidth limits with auto-extract archives.
JDownloader also allows you to download content from video portals like YouTube and convert it to codecs that are compatible with mobile devices. We’ve put together a list of helpful tidbits to help you get the most out of this handy tool.
There are free hosting websites like Rapidshare and Megaupload where you can download files. Because of these and other inconveniences that may have occurred, you may have already encountered them.
The entire procedure can be automated with JDownloader, a free and open-source program. Even YouTube and Megavideo videos can be downloaded using this service.
Use JDownloader To Download Nearly Anything Online
- It’s possible to get the installation package for JDownloader by visiting http://jdownloader.org/download/index.php
- Packaged crapware is nothing new. At the very least, it’s a necessary evil that helps fund projects like JDownloader, but you can choose whether or not to have it installed. When requested to install Kikin, select No Thanks from the No Thanks drop-down menu. As a piece of adware that tracks your every web activity, Kikin is a disgracefully bad inclusion in the installer.
- JDownloader supports a wide range of languages, and you can select the one that best suits your needs throughout the installation process.
- You’ll be requested to install FlashGot if you already have Firefox installed. When you’re done, click the OK button! You can use FlashGot, a Firefox plug-in, to allow JDownloader to automatically detect downloadable URLs while you’re browsing the Internet.
- JDownloader will begin upgrading as soon as the installation is complete. Depending on how long it takes, you’ll be able to check the progress of this process in the status bar at the bottom.
- To begin downloading, you must have JDownloader installed and updated. With the FlashGot plugin installed with Firefox, the process is a breeze. Just go to the website where you wish to download the file, video, or song.
- As soon as you’ve visited the site, the “Linkgrabber” in JDownloader will detect where the media files on that site can be found on the web. Click the “Play (download)” button on the Linkgrabber tab to download them.
- For example, on the Download tab, you’ll be able to see which files are currently downloading. You may always pick up where your download left off if it is stopped. Even if you’re on a slow Internet connection, this download manager-like feature is a godsend.
- You may learn more about JDownloader’s features and choices by clicking on the Settings tab. Change the default download location in this place.
Besides download scheduling, JDownloader offers several other cool features. I have listed them below:
- Allows you to use a different IP address to avoid long delays (the Jdownloader team wrote a how-to on this one)
- Hundreds of video and music sharing websites are supported.
- Automatic link collection is made possible with Firefox interaction with Flashgot.
- Download a calendar for your use.
- Using plug-ins, you can change the functionality of your website.
- Downloads are handled automatically by the hosting sites.
Disclaimer: Read the terms of service for the website first before using an app like JDownloader in order to ensure that downloading or consuming in an unnatural way isn’t a violation of the terms and laws set forth therein.
You may also read:
- What Successful Internet Marketers Know That You Do Not
- Discover Internet Online Marketing Advertising Business Solutions
- Free Download Avg Internet Security
Jdownloader is a powerful tool that can make downloading files much easier. With its many features and options, it can be customized to fit your specific needs.
By using the tips in this article, you should be able to get started with Jdownloader and start downloading files quickly and easily.