Apple iPhones, iPads, and iPods are the coolest gadgets to possess. Every person on the earth cannot have the privilege to buy an Apple product as they are very expensive.
If you have it, you should feel good about it and take good care of it. If any problem occurs in your device, then you tend to become little irritable. Expensive things always come at a great price, and so is their maintenance. You can sort a lot of iPhone issues just by restarting the iPhone but sometime you may need to do some extra efforts.
If you do not possess the skills to set up the defect, which occurs in your device, then be ready to shed your pocket. Apple products are very attractive with the best and latest technology advancements.
Today we will deal with another problem of Apple products, which is how to turn off iPhone, iPad, and iPod.
Different ways on how to turn off iPhone?
You can install many apps from its huge collection and operate it with simple and quick clicks.
The features will function smoothly if the touch signs work properly. In case, your power key is not working, and you are wondering how to turn off iPad, iPod or iPhone, then you have to do it manually by going through the settings.
First, we will see the simple case of turning off using the power switch, which is available on the outer cover of the instrument.
- Push and hang on to the Sleep/Wake key till the red slider appears.
- Pull the slider to turn your system totally off.
- Later, when the maneuver turns off, again press and hold on to the Sleep/Wake control yet again while waiting for the Apple logo. Leave the key when you see the Apple logo on the screen.
If your phone is not responding, then you can try to force start it. You just have to push and hold on to Sleep/Wake Home Key for another ten seconds and wait for Apple logo to appear.
The above way is an easy method to turn off your Apple device through the visible keys. In case those keys stop working, what will you do? There is another way of doing it, and that is by going through the manual settings. For this, you have first to enable Assistive Touch on your device. Follow the steps below:
- Unravel your iPhone and go to Home screen where all icons are visible.
- Head towards the Setting sign and launch it.
- Hit on the ‘General’ from the available list of options.
- Search for the “Accessibility” option and click on it.
- “Assistive Touch” substitute will appear on the screen. Click on this option to switch it on.
- As soon as you have turned it on, a gray four-sided symbol with white circle push button will appear. You can position this sign as you wish on your iPhone display.
- And after placing it, you can use this image each and every time you have to switch off your iPhone or other Apple devices like iPod or iPad.
Steps on how to switch off iPhone, iPad or iPod with the help of Assistive Touch:
- Launch your iPhone by unravelling it.
- Uncover your “Assistive Sign” and click on it
- A choice of ‘Device’ will appear sideways with other preferences.
- Click on ‘Device.’
- A ‘Lock Screen’ image will appear on the screen. Push and hold on to this alternative for few seconds. Subsequently, the general power off screen will be displayed after pressing it for few seconds.
- Move it to turn off your iPhone, iPad or iPod.
In the worst case, if your power key is broken or not functioning at all, then join your iPhone or iPad to a peripheral system (your Mac or PC) with a USB and turn it on.
When iPhone 5 was out in the market, Apple came to know about an issue faced by iPhone handsets manufactured after March 2013.
The problem was that the Sleep/Wake key tool was not working properly in few iPhones and users were left wondering how to turn off iPhone 5.
Apple exchanged all those iPhone 5 models with the specific problem and had a succeeding serial number. Some iPhone 6 users were also in a fix as to how to turn off iPhone 6.
Steps to turn off iPhone, iPad, or iPod through factory settings:
- Open iTunes on your Mac or PC and link it with the help of USB.
- Click on your iPhone’s title, tracked by Sync on the lower right side of the screen.
- Going on the Summary label, hit the “Restore iPhone” key, tracked by “Back Up” and at that point “Restore and Update.”
- As your iPhone resumes, track the hints to reconstruct it and choose “Restore from iTunes Backup.”
If this method also doesn’t work on your Apple devices, then it’s time to get your gadget checked from your nearest Apple service center. Before giving you device for further repairs, make sure it is ready to go for that process.
You should backup all your information to iTunes or iCloud. Delete all your personal settings by going to Settings app. Switch off ‘Find my iPhone’.
If you still see a black display and listen to the active voices or your screen doesn’t retort to any motions like click or slide, then it’s time to visit Apple Service Centre. In such a situation when your device is jammed on the Apple symbol or isn’t identified in iTunes, then also it is a serious issue, and only an expert from Apple Genius Bar can solve it.
With every updated operating system of Apple, one or the other issue pops up and creates havoc in the user’s mind. No issue can be kept unresolved as it will further affect the functioning of the device. If you have some serious issue in the iPhone, you can reset the iPhone but make sure you have the backup otherwise you will all the data. Here is how you can restore iPhone from Backup.
It is always better not to try too much of your DIY skills to solve the matter. Rush to the Apple service store for assistance. Otherwise, you may end up in a situation to get an expensive solution.
In the above editorial, I have tried to provide all the necessary guidelines on how to turn off iPod, iPhone or iPad. All the technical, as well as general steps, are provided to turn off your iPhone manually or with the help of Power key.
You can try restoring your instrument and if that also doesn’t work, as a last resort, head to experts of Genius Bar. You have to fix a prior appointment with them, and your concern will be solved as quickly as possible. If your device is under warranty of one year, then your iPhone may also be replaced if there are software issues. Just in case, if you are looking to remove SIM from the iPhone, you can see the provided link.