It is no surprise that the internet has taken over our world in a storm. One of the most successful inventions ever witnessed is “Facebook”. It has become an integral part of almost everyone’s life.
It is a vast source of social stimulation. With its increased use, how to tag on Facebook is a question gaining prominence.
Tagging is a process that simply helps to identify someone else in a post, status or photograph that one shares on Facebook. It is a very convenient way to associate with different people.
In crux, It is simply creating a link to someone else profile. Let’s check it out for some detailed explanation on, how do you tag someone on Facebook:
How to Tag on Facebook
How do I tag someone on a Facebook post is something most people are clueless about. Tagging your friends in status or posts is a fun way to let people know who you are hanging out with.
You can mention a person, Page or group in a post or comment with these easy steps that are just a click away-
1. Write your status- Log in to Facebook and write your status in the status bar. It appears under a tagline “What’s on your mind”.
2. Type in the “@” symbol- Leave space before the symbol and then punch in the “@ “symbol.
3. Type the name- Now type the name of the friend you want to tag after the symbol. Once you start typing a list of matches will automatically dropdown.
4. Select the friend- Amongst the list, select the friend you want to tag. The friend’s name will appear in your post, and it will be highlighted in blue to show that this person has been tagged.
An example can be, “Thank you for making my birthday special @Rajni Arora.”
How to tag a page on Facebook is another problem that people confront. Pages and groups can also be tagged simultaneously in the same way as to how to tag people on Facebook is done.
The best part is that a person doesn’t need to like a page or be a member of a group to tag these things in the text posts. However, liking these pages eases the searching process. Add as many tags as desired. The process stands the same for both status updates and comments.
Tagging in a Photograph
The selfie craze has grabbed the world. People are going gaga over clicking and then uploading pictures on Facebook. Creating a new album makes it easier to tag new pictures, as multiple pictures can be tagged at a single go. Let’s have some deeper insights on How do you tag on Facebook photograph-
- Upload a picture- First of all choose a picture you want to upload. How to tag in Facebook picture involves the following:
- Own photo- You can upload your own photo by clicking on “Photos” at the top of the home page. Browse the photos and upload the one you want to share on social Facebook. Even a group snap can be uploaded.
- Friend’s photo- Click on the friend’s profile and select “Photos” from the menu bar and upload a friend’s picture. You can even tag any photo seen in the Newsfeed.
- Click on the photo- Once the photo has been uploaded drag your cursor over the image. Click on tagging options which eventually pops up with a search bar. Type the name of the person you want to tag. A dropdown menu will appear which eases the search.
- Complete the process- Click on the “Done Tagging” option or click “Enter” to accomplish the process. However, in case you have tagged an unknown person, then you need to wait until the person reviews and accepts the tag before it will show up in the photograph.
Tagging people in a photograph is an engrossing and an effortless process. Tag your friends in your favorite photos and enjoy the whole point of uploading photos.
How to Tag on Facebook Via Cell Phone
If I quote, that smartphone is one of the basic necessities of human life these days, most people will concur with the statement. How to tag someone on Facebook via smartphone involves the enlisted process:
1. Download the Facebook App – Virtually one can access the browser version of Facebook on any smartphone with an internet connection at facebook.com. However, downloading the app saves a lot of time. Download the app from the Google or App store.
2. Browser versions – For a browser version of Facebook on cell phone tagging can be done via:
- Tagging Posts- The process stands exactly the same as for the Desktop.
- Tagging Photos- Click on the photo to be tagged and select the “tag photo” button below it. Type the names of the people you’d like to tag and separate them by spaces. Click the “Done” option to finish.
3. App versions – The Facebook app is handy and comes with simple tagging options. The process for tagging text posts remains the same as for browser version. However, for tagging photos, click on the blue tag icon and just tap the face of the person you want to tag followed by typing his name in the text box.
Thus, by equipping yourself to the above-enlisted methods, tagging becomes a piece of cake. Following points can summarize as to how to tag on Facebook:
- Tagging is the most amazing way to grab people’s attention to your uploaded post or photograph.
- Tagging someone will send them a notification unless they have modified the settings so as not to get notifications from tags.
- An enhanced feature by Facebook makes it possible to select the audience to whom the post should be visible. This is a tool called the audience selector, which only works for your own photos and status updates.
- However, if you are commenting on someone else’s posts, you can not control who sees your posts.
The basic manner guideline says that one should seek permission before tagging any person on Facebook.
Click on the photo and press the “Report/Remove Tags” button at the top, to remove tags. To remove the tag from any post click the pencil button in the top right of the post and select “Report/Remove Tag.”
Log into Facebook and enjoy updating stuff. Break the leg with the effortless tagging process.