With the use of the camera on iPhone, iPad Touch, iPad, or Mac, you can redeem iTunes gift cards in the iTunes store, App store or book store. The procedure for how to redeem iTunes gift card is mentioned below.
Before you redeem iTunes gift card on iPhone, make sure you are in a well-lit room and have an internet connection. Only iTunes gift cards having a focus box about the redemption code can be redeemed with the usage of a camera. The steps for how to redeem iTunes gift card with the camera on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch are given below.
- Go to iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks. At the bottom of the screen in iBooks, tap the Featured tab.
- Tap redeem by scrolling to the bottom of the store.
- Log in with your Apple ID and password.
- You can redeem your code manually too. Now, select ‘use camera’.
- Scratch off the label behind your iTunes Gift Card.
- The back of the card must be held to the camera so that the camera can read and redeem the code. Your iTunes Store balance now appears on the screen.
How to Redeem iTunes Gift Card
Steps on how to use iTunes gift card are mentioned below.
- Go to Internet Browser and operate Apple’s website. Download the iTunes program.
- On completion of the download, open the program.
- If necessary, create an iTunes account.
- Log in with your ID and password.
Details to redeem iTunes gift card are mentioned below.
- Get your iTunes gift card ready.
- Go to iTunes Store.
- Keep scrolling down to the word Manage.
- Select Redeem. Enter the 16 digit code password, which is behind the card.
- Start to buy a variety of items using your gift card.
To redeem iTunes gift card code:
- Tap on iTunes Store, iBooks Store, or App Store on your device.
- Tap redeem by scrolling down to the bottom of the Featured section.
- Log in with your Apple ID.
- Select ‘You can also enter your code manually’.
- In the iTunes Store Gift Card, enter the 16 digit code that begins with X from behind the card. If you have content or promo code, then enter the code from behind the card.
- Select Redeem.
Your iTunes account balance automatically gets updated after you redeem an iTunes Store gift card code.
The steps on how to add iTunes gift card are detailed below.
- Go to iTunes.
- Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- Select your name, and then select Redeem from the drop-down menu.
- Type your password one more time.
- Enter the 16 digit code, which starts with X.
- Select Redeem.
At a specific time of the year, iTunes Gift Card deals are also available. You can also get updated on your iTunes gift card balance at the iTunes Store.
Here are some details on the history of iTunes. The history of iTunes began in 1998 and still continues today. At first, it was considered as a simple music player; over time, iTunes progressed into a sophisticated multimedia content manager, hardware integration manager, and e-commerce platform.
The present version of iTunes allows users to manage media content, make playlists, arrange media content with handheld devices that include iPad, iPhone, and iPod, re-image and upgrade handheld devices, stream internet radio and buy music, television shows, audiobooks, films and applications with the help of iTunes store.
On the 9th of January, 2001, Apple delivered the 1.0 version of the new program under a name called iTunes at MacWorld, San Francisco. Primarily, a Mac OS 9-only application, iTunes started to support Mac OS X by releasing 2.0 version in October 2001. The release of 2.0 too added support for a then-newly launched product, iPod.
The version 3 dropped Mac OS 9 support, but after adding smart playlists and rating system. In April of 2003, version 4.0 acquainted the iTunes Store. In the following October, 4.1 version added support for Microsoft Windows 2000 and Windows XP.
Being introduced at Macworld 2005 with the new iPod Shuffle, 4.7.1 version got presented with the ability to convert high-bitrate songs into automatically 128kbit/s AAC as these devices did not indigenously support the audio encoded in AIFF or Apple Lossless formats.
This also improvised the value proposition of Shuffle’s limited flash-only storage. The version 7.0 presented gapless payback and cover flow in September of 2006. In March of 2007, the version 7.1 of iTunes added support for Windows Vista, and the last version of Windows 2000 was 7.3.2.
iTunes did not have the ability to support 64-bit versions of Windows till the update of 7.6, which took place on the 16th of January, 2008. iTunes is now supported under any of the version of 64-bit Windows. Though, the iTunes feasible was still 32-bit until the 12.1 version got introduced.
Apple doesn’t support the 64-bit versions of Windows XP and Windows Server 2003. But a framework has been devised for both the operating systems. The Genius playlists, a new default visualizer, and a grid view were added by version 8.0.
iTunes 9 introduced ‘Home Share’, which enabled automatic updating of purchased items across other computers on the same subnet offering a new iTunes store UI.
Apple also added iTunes Extras to the store, which added content usually allowed for films on Blu-ray discs and DVDs.
Later that day, the new version was available for download. The biggest feature included the integration of ‘iTunes Ping’, which brought a social factor to the experience of iTunes.
Because of the increasing popularity of the iTunes digital download, Apple CEO Steve Jobs announced a new logo, the one without a CD background. There are totally 12 versions of iTunes.
Now you know how to redeem iTunes gift card. If you need any other clarification about using iTunes gift card, drop your queries in the comments section below.