It wouldn’t be inapt to say that video is the social media trend that has become a hot potato. The video trend is exploding, and if sources to be believed, this trend will grow astronomically in the years to come. How to Embed a YouTube Video with a Specific Start Time is a question inclining on social media, these days.
YouTube is a one stop destination for all types of videos. This global video sharing website, has over a billion users and everyday people watch hundreds of different types of videos on YouTube. That is why, more and more people are now using Youtube as their career. If you have something to show the world, don’t stop yourself. There are millions who are waiting for your content. Make a Youtube channel and start uploading videos on Youtube.
Embedding a video basically refers to the integration of videos into social media posts or other web media. In simple language, it is the code for the video. Let’s study this in more detail:
Embedding a YouTube Video into Gmail
Videos are trending. Every other article is accompanied with a video clip, these days. The process for the same, is as follows:
- Navigate the video on the YouTube and copy its URL. “Share this Video,” for example, provides you with the video’s link that can be pasted elsewhere.
- Now, simply insert the actual link or URL to your HTML or plain-text email as text.
- You will get an inbox-playable preview to display.
- Just go light on the content part, in case you want to make your video one of the focal elements.
Note- All the e-mail clients, do not recognize the YouTube embedded code. So just use the simple URL of the video. In short, just disable email campaign link tracking. If you own a Blog, you can also embed Youtube videos on your Blog.
How to Embed a YouTube Video with a Specific Start Time
Sometimes the full video gets so long and monotonous that one wants to start it, from a specific time, such that the viewers do not get bored. It not only helps to grab the attention of the viewers but also avoids distortion of the original message in a video; the purpose of which may be lost due to extreme length.
Let’s have a look at, how to start a YouTube video at a certain time:
- First of all, navigate the video you’d like to embed.
- Adjudicate at what time you want your video to start. On YouTube, gape the time code and note it down. Example- This video should start at 3:24.
- Click on the Share button; you will see that a URL will show up. Click on the Embed button below the URL.
- You will see that several options will appear below. Using these options, you can change the size and border of the video, in case you wish to.
- Once you are done with this, copy the code into the box.
- Now, indulge in some simple calculations and make changes in the video URL, in a way that it reflects your time stamp. Multiply the number of minutes by 60, then add the seconds. 3:24 = 3*60 + 24 = 204 seconds.
- Your embed code will look like this,
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/i_mKY2CQ9Kk?start=204” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>
- Now, copy and paste this link into your blog or website HTML editor. In case you have Embedded Media & Widgets box, just Paste this code in it and click on save.
So, in order to embed a YouTube video at a specific start time, add a start query string parameter to the URL of the embedded video. The value of the start parameter should be the start time in seconds.
If you only want to specify a starting time and no end time, you can just omit the end parameter entirely. I hope this answers well, to the question that How to Specify a Starting Point for YouTube Videos.
How to Center an Embedded YouTube Video
Using the <center> HTML tag, makes embedding an easy task.
By using the embed code from above, if you want the video to be centered you would just add an opening and closing <center> tag to the beginning and end of the code.
<center><iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ#t=2m01s” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe></center>
Automatically, you will see the yellow video placeholder in the center.
Note- You can even add stars (***) or dashes (—) underneath the video and center them, in order to create that extra space before the text. It does ensure neatness and the text gets much easier on the eyes.
Jumping to a Specific Time in YouTube Video URL
In case you want to start YouTube video at certain time and send someone a particular segment only, in a long YouTube video, then it is just a trick away.
Just add “#t=*m*s” to the end of the URL where the asterisks represent the minutes and seconds respectively. Example, just add “&t=2m5s” to start a video at 2 minutes and 5 seconds.
So, when anyone will click the URL, the YouTube video will jump to that exact time in the video.
Specific Time in YouTube Comments
In case you want to specify an exact time in a YouTube comment, all you have to do is:
- Type in the time like 13:45.
- When you do that and post your comment, the time will automatically become a link
- The moment, anyone clicks on it, the video will start playing from the exact time.
This way, you can be specific about which part of the video you are talking about.
The process of embedding a video with a specific time, becomes a lot easier, in case you are the owner of the video. In that case, you can simply, edit the video inside YouTube only. YouTube’s editing tools enable to present a version that only shows the parts you want to see.
Embedding the videos with a specific time not only saves time but also aids inconvenience. To sum up, this whole article about How to Embed a YouTube Video with a Specific Start Time let’s have a look at this:
YouTube recently changed its code for embedding videos. Previously, you could type something like this at the end of the URL within the embed code:
This meant that video would start at 410s. With time, the new YouTube code came in for the start time:
And the new code for end time is like this:
So to give the video, start and end instructions, you need to type this:
Follow these easy tricks and enjoy the convenience of time specific embedded YouTube videos! Youtube has alot of eyeballs and YouTubers are making the hefty amount of dollars on Youtube. You can also earn money on Youtube but keep that in mind, it just seems easy.