The number of videos posted to Instagram every day is tremendous, and content producers benefit enormously from the platform.
Since the platform doesn’t have a download option, you will have to rely on third-party applications to save and watch videos while offline. If you are trying to find ways to save Instagram videos to your iPhone or Android device, you have reached the right place.
In this article, we will demonstrate different methods to save Instagram reels, IGTVs, and other videos to your iPhone or Android smartphone.
Copyright rules must be followed to the utmost since the exploitation of intellectual property rights is a punishable crime. It is forbidden to upload videos you obtained on Instagram to your account and represent them as your own, so keep in mind you have all the proper permissions before sharing a video on your profile.
How to download Instagram Reels on your phone?
Instagram Reels is a TikTok – like application that makes it extremely difficult to download videos.
It’s a new day, and even the TikTok ban hasn’t been removed yet. However, Instagram, which is owned by Facebook, has added a new feature called Reels, which is simply a clone for creating TikTok – style short videos.
Instagram Reels doesn’t really make it easy to save and distribute clips as TikTok does. We will show you how to get Instagram Reels on your Android or iPhone in this post.
Follow the below instructions to save Instagram Reels within the application.
- Open the Instagram app, look for the Reels video which you want to download, and then open it.
- Alternatively, go to the user’s profile, if the video is on another’s account > select the Reels page > choose the Reels video you would like to download and open it.
- When the video has finished loading, click the three – dots symbol then click on Save.
- Return to Instagram’s homepage and click your profile symbol then tap the hamburger icon and click Settings, then go to Account and then go to the Stored section to view all the saved Reels video. Your recently saved videos can be accessed in the All Posts section.
How to download Instagram reels on Android?
The second approach is for Android phone users who want to save these short clips locally on their devices. This is how you do it.
- Install the Video Downloader for Instagram – Repost Instagram from Google Play.
- Open the application and configure it after it has been installed.
- Return to Instagram after you finish setting up the application and pick the Reels video you want to save and open it.
- Now press the three-dots button to copy the link.
- The URL you have copied will be instantly pasted into the newly downloaded Video Downloader for the Instagram application.
- Now browse through the gallery on your phone and look for that Reels video. You may then use third-party software to modify it or even share it with others.
How to download Reels on iPhone?
If you have an iPhone, there’s also an application that allows you to save Instagram Reels. Follow the procedure below:
- Download InSaver for Instagram from the App Store.
- Open the application and configure it after it has been installed.
- Return to Instagram after you have set up the application and choose the Reels video you want to save and then open it.
- Now press the three-dots icon to copy the link.
- When you open the downloaded InSaver for the Instagram app, the URL which you copied would be pasted immediately.
- To save the video clip to the Photos app, go to Watch It, then select Options, then Share and tap on Save Video.
How to download via screen recording?
Furthermore, the last approach we recommend is a screen recording, which allows you to save Instagram Reels. If you don’t want to install a third-party application on your smartphone, you may use this method. Follow the steps below.
- Make sure that screen recording is enabled in the Control Center on your iPhone. To configure settings, go to Settings, then Control Center then tap on Customize Controls.
- Install a screen recorder now.
- Open the Reels video you want to download from Instagram.
- To access the Control Centre, swipe up on the bottom of the display.
- To begin recording the clip, select Start Recording. To watch the clip, go to Instagram and tap the play button.
- End the screen recording when you are finished by touching the red bar at the top and then press Stop. The video will be stored in the Photos app immediately.
- If you have an Android smartphone, you can capture your screen using the built-in screen recorder (if your device has one) or a third – party software.
- If your phone lacks a screen recorder, download the Mobizen Screen Recorder from Google Play. Open the application and configure it after it has been installed.
- Simply return to Instagram, play the video you want to download, push the floating screen recorder button, and then press the camera button to begin recording.
- When you are finished, use the stop button to end the recording. Your screen-recorded video would be stored in your phone’s gallery immediately.
- These are among the most effective solutions for storing Instagram Reels on your Android as well as iPhone device.
How to Download IGTV Videos on iPhone & Android?
As you may know, Instagram’s IGTV allows you to publish vertical clips up to one-hour duration if you have a verified profile, while all the other users can only upload clips up to ten minutes long.
Let’s take a closer look at the various methods for saving IGTV videos to a mobile phone.
Downloading IGTV videos with the Siri Shortcuts app
iPhone users with iOS 12 installed in their phone may use the Shortcuts application to save IGTV clips on their photos app. So, when you download this application on your iPhone, you will be allowed to use the ‘Download from Instagram’ option to store Instagram stories and IGTV clips on your smartphone.
You can also use this feature to post videos on your IGTV feed, however, you shouldn’t do so unless the creator whose clip you are using has given you the authorization to do so. Just copy and paste the URL of the clip you want to save into this shortcut. You may also ask Siri to open the application for you using voice controls.
Downloading IGTV Videos With Documents on iPhones
Documents is a file manager which allows users to view various sorts of documents on their iPhone.
- First, you need to copy the URL of an IGTV video before using the Documents application in order to begin downloading it.
- Go to IOTransfer, a freeware online Instagram video downloader, by tapping the Browser button in the lower right corner of the page. To assess the video, just paste the URL into the allocated place and click the Download to PC option.
- A download link will display on the screen, and all you have to do now is touch and save the IGTV video to your iPhone. You may rename the file prior to downloading it if you want to.
Using the IGTV Video Downloader to Download Videos on Android
It’s much faster and efficient to save IGTV clips to an Android smartphone than it is to download them on an iPhone.
- You just need to install the IGTV Video Downloader software on your smartphone. The software is available for free on Google Play, however, it does contain advertisements, which might be annoying.
- Open the Instagram app and browse to IGTV to find the clip you want to save. Copy and paste the IGTV video’s URL into the IGTV Video Downloader software. Wait for the download to finish before tapping the Download button.
- The video will be saved in your device’s gallery, where you can immediately retrieve it and enjoy it whenever you choose.
Downloading IGTV Videos with Saveo on Android
You can also use Saveo, an Android application, to download videos from IGTV. You will not be able to discover this application on the Google Play Store, despite the fact that it is free to use. To download the IGTV clips with Saveo, just open the application, press the Instagram icon in the upper right-hand corner of the primary window, and afterward search for the video you want to download or post.
The Copy Link feature is accessible by clicking the three – dot icon beside the Like and Comment choices. You will be returned to the Saveo application, in which all you have to do now is hit the Download tab, and the downloading will start immediately. In your device’s notification area, you can see how far the download has progressed.
Using the Keep It – Android-based App to Download IGTV Videos
- To launch the Keep It Video Downloader for Instagram and IGTV after downloading and starting it, simply tap on the Start Service option.
- Select the Open Instagram icon, then choose the Copy Link button from the three – dot menu.
- As soon as you copy the video’s link, the downloading will begin, so you can download many clips at once.
- All of the videos you save will be stored in the application’s My Downloads section, where you can easily view or share them.
Download Instagram videos on iOS
When it comes to iOS, the alternatives are restricted, however, there is a fantastic repost application that also downloads Instagram pictures and videos. Regrammer is a free (advertisement-supported) application that allows its users to download and save any Instagram post to their iOS device. It’s similar to the Video Downloader app for Instagram in terms of functionality.
- You just have to copy and paste the video Link from Instagram into the Regrammer software.
- Then, to open and download it, click on Preview. The video will be stored to your camera roll then you will have the chance to repost it.
Using a third-party application
A third-party software would do if you want a more dependable solution that does not require you to watch each video. Video Downloader for Instagram is highly recommended; it’s free of cost and the advertising isn’t too intrusive. Let’s take a look at how to put it to use:
- Open the video you wish to copy in the Instagram app and click on the menu in the top right corner (those three vertical dots).
- Now press the Copy link button.
- After that, launch the Instagram Video Downloader app and then press on the Paste option.
- The clip will be instantly downloaded as well as saved in the gallery after the URL is pasted.
Get Instagram videos from the app cache
- To get this done, you should first watch the video you wanted to download. You will be able to download whichever part you are watching. As a result, if you want the entire video, make sure you see it all the way through.
- Next, go to Android then select data, and then com.instagram.android, tap on cache. Now you will be able to view all the videos in your phone’s File Manager. All of the videos you have watched will be included here, with the.clean extension. You may play them by tapping on them and selecting the Video option.
Note: All of these videos have been cached. These videos will be destroyed if the phone cache is cleared. You should relocate a video to a separate location if you wish to save it forever.
- How to Make Money Blogging in 2022
- How to Get Started With Dropshipping
- What Is Facebook Advertising? How To Get Started With It?
- How to see Liked Posts on Instagram?
Downloading Instagram videos is a simple procedure that doesn’t take up a lot of time since you just have to copy and paste the video’s URL into an application on your phone.
Since there are no applications on the App Store that allow you to save pictures and videos from Instagram straight to your smartphone, downloading Instagram videos on iPhones is currently more difficult than storing that video on an Android device. Which approach do you prefer to utilize to download Reels, IGTVs, and Instagram videos?