In the technology epoch every day we are introduced with a new application. Where every next app come along with some better features. Each app has something better than the previous one.
Skype, WhatsApp, Instagram, Kik and lot more apps are there which are equally popular among the populace. Similarly, one of these apps is Oovoo. Although, it’s not as popular as other mentioned apps, it’s indeed a feature-rich app.
Oovoo is a video chat and messaging application that facilitate instant messaging, video and audio calls. This app is similar in some respects to Microsoft’s Skype. And the best part of this app is, you can video chat with up to 12 people simultaneously.
Oovoo is available for iPhone, iPod, iPads, and Androids. You can also use OoVoo on your system (MAC or PC).
However, many of us might not be familiar with the app but one who has been using it are loving it! Most of the Oovoo users are happy with its service.
But if you don’t like the app or want to delete it then this article will help you to learn how to delete Oovoo account in easy steps.
How to Delete Oovoo Account
If you don’t want to use Oovoo anymore then this article might assist you. Read out the article and learn the procedure to delete the Oovoo account. Below, I have compiled a step by step guide to making it easier for you.
To delete the Oovoo account, follow the below steps.
No matter if you use Oovoo on PC or mobile, this article is written for all the users of Oovoo. Below, I’ve shared the method to delete Oovoo account from the mobile device as well as from PC.
Starting the guide for mobile users first. The steps are given below.
How to Delete an Oovoo account on Mobile.
The first and most important step which you need to follow before moving to the deleting procedure is removing all your personal details from the app.
Delete all the information you have furnished in the app and make yourself unreachable.
Once done, you are ready to terminate your account. Now follow the next step.
- Open Oovoo app on your phone or tablet.
- Now, enter the credentials and sign into the app.
- Once you are signed in, touch your Display Name at the top of the screen. Tap on edit icon and type Closed in the display name field.
- Now following the previous step, tap on your profile photo and then, tap over the Settings option from the drop-down menu.
- Under the Settings option, tap on the Privacy & Security. Here what you need to do is change your search profile setting so that no one can search your profile. To do so, simply change search preferences to No one.
- Now tap on the profile photo and remove it.
- That’s all. After a day or two, your account would be deleted permanently. Now all you need to do is remove and uninstall the app from your device so that, you won’t mistakenly open it.
How to delete your Oovoo Account from PC
Like we did in the above method, we have to do all the same things again in order to delete Oovoo account from the computer. Follow the below steps and make Oovoo account terminated permanently.
- The first step is to remove all your personal information given on the app and make yourself unreachable.
- Once done sign into your Oovoo account by putting your email Id and password.
- After that, go to My profile and edit my profile.
- Here you will need to make some edits like remove your display picture and type Closed in the display name field. See the screenshot.
- Once done, again go to settings and then privacy.
- In the privacy section, change the search profile setting and make it to “No one”.
- Afterwards, move to the email section and Under Notifications, uncheck all the boxes provided. In any kinda confusion, you can take the reference of the screenshot given below.
- And at last, uninstall the Oovoo app from your computer. And your account would be terminated.
If you don’t know the un-installation procedure, then see it below.
For Windows XP: Go to the Start menu> then Control Panel> select Add or Remove Programs> select ooVoo, then click Remove.
For Vista: Go to the Start menu> then Control Panel> select Programs and Features> Select ooVoo> and click Uninstall.
This was the complete step by step guide to delete Oovoo from the mobile as well as from the computer. After following all the steps, your account would be deleted forever.
However, there can be various reasons which made you took the decision to delete the account, but if one of the reason is security or bothering like if someone is troubling you then you can block him/her from the Oovoo.
see the below guide if you don’t know how to block someone on Oovoo.
- To block someone on Oovoo, tap on the contact and hold it. As sooner you hold the contact it will highlight red.
- Now tap on the Block icon the person would be blocked. And will not be able to contact you anymore.
- If you want him/her to remove from your roster, then tap on Block and Remove.
- And if you don’t want to block that person but want to remove him then tap the Trashcan icon and then Remove.
Once the person is blocked from your account, he/she would no longer be able to see your profile and contact you. But if you have simply removed him/her but not blocked then, he/she can still contact you.
So if you want anyone to not contact you forever, re-add them and then block him.
Note: If you re-add the person, they will not know they were re-added and won’t get an invitation either. So without any hesitation, you can block anyone from the account.
This was all about how to delete Oovoo account and how to block anyone on Oovoo. If you found the guide helpful, you can share it on social media.
And do read our previous article by clicking here.