There is no denying the fact that Gmail is one of the most popular email services in the world today. It is one of the most preferred and popular mail services used by professionals.
Gmail comes with an option to put up your profile picture. Though you can leave this image blank, it is recommended to put up a decent image.
Putting a profile photo to your Gmail account not only helps to differentiate amongst varied accounts but also strengths the persona of your professional brand.
Now the question arises that How to Change Your Gmail Account Photo in various devices. Once set, your profile picture will be used to identify your account in chat lists, your contacts’ address books, your Google+ account, as well as with the emails you send.
Thus, it is always recommended to carefully change your profile picture because when you Add, Change or Remove profile picture on Gmail for Android phones and devices, it will affect all your Google accounts in every devices and platform. Let’s look at the ways your Gmail Profile Picture can be changed:
How to change your Photo in Google Plus
Apart from Gmail, the process of changing your picture in Google Hangouts and other Google services is different. The reason is that Google uses your Google Plus profile picture for these services. The best part is that just change your Google Plus picture, automatically your picture gets updated across various Google services.
Take a look at the process:
- Go to your Google Plus profile page and click the Edit profile.
- Just click on your current profile picture.
- Now, you can either choose a picture from your Google uploads or click Upload to take a picture from your laptop. To finish, click set as profile picture in the bottom- left the corner of the page.
- And you are done. Now, Google will automatically apply the changes to all your accounts operated by Google.
How to Change Your Gmail Account Photo
Once you’ve changed your Gmail profile image, then it will be reflected in all the other Google products like Google Plus, YouTube, etc.
Take a look at How to Set your Profile Picture in Gmail:
- Log into Gmail. Click on the gear icon in the upper-right corner of your Gmail inbox, then click Settings.
- Go on the General tab of the settings pane. Scroll down until you see the section called My Picture and click the Change picture option.
- Click Choose File and browse your computer or Laptop to set your desired Profile Picture.
- A box will appear over your photo, selecting part of it. Drag this selected region to crop your photo.
- To complete the process, click Apply Changes. And you are done.
Using the radio buttons next to your uploaded photo on your settings page, you can decide that whether you want all Gmail users to see your picture or only those who you’ve allowed chatting with you.
Changing Gmail Photo via My Account
There is one other way to change your Gmail Photo too. Take a look at how you can change your Gmail profile picture:
- Open Gmail. Just click on the small circular icon which is at the top right corner of your screen, and just underneath it, you will see an option “Change”, simply click on it.
- Directly drag and drop your photo into the provided window or select the option “Select a photo from your computer” to upload a photo from your system.
- Once the image is uploaded, click on “Set as profile photo” and your new Gmail profile picture will replace the old one.
Changing Gmail Profile Picture on Android Phone
As far as the smartphone market is concerned, Android is ruling the market. Now, Android works on the Google or Gmail identity of the user. Take a look at the steps in case you want to change your Gmail Profile picture:
For models having operating systems earlier than Android 5.0: In these models, the process is simpler.
- Open the Gmail mobile app on your Android smartphone. Click on the gear icon in the upper-right corner of your Gmail inbox.
- Scroll down the menu and click “Settings” of the drop-down menu.
- In the Settings screen click the “General” tab.
- Go down and click the blue “Change picture” link above your thumbnail. And you are done.
For the later versions of Android operating system:
- Open the Google + mobile app on your Android smartphone.
- Tap the three bars in the top left of the Gmail app to open the menu list and click on the account for which you want to change the profile picture.
- Next to your picture, tap Edit and then on your picture, tap Camera.
- Select or upload a photo.
- Crop your photo, then tap Done.
Changing Gmail Profile Picture on iPhone
iPhone is one of the most popular and has a loyal customer base. Take a look at how to change the Gmail profile picture on the iPhone.
- Open the Gmail app on your iPhone and in the top left, tap Menu, which is a three line icon.
- In the top right, tap Settings and then tap Change Photo.
- Select a new picture and at the top of the page, tap Save.
You can even modify your picture’s visibility, i.e. whether you want your picture to be visible to everyone or only to the one with whom you can chat with. Just go to Settings and in the “My Picture” section, select a visibility option.
Gmail profile picture is a common phenomenon and it should be such that it looks good and leaves a positive impact on your audience. Use some special face tactics such that your picture seems approachable, helpful and attractive.
Many of us would have created our Gmail profile, putting a very pretty picture of ourselves in the profile. Now, for whatever reasons, if you want to change your profile picture just go through the above- mentioned guide on How to Change Your Gmail Account Photo. Change wisely and elevate your professional persona.