Apple is one of the most popular and best-selling phones in the world today. It enjoys a loyal customer base worldwide. Apple iOs is equipped with a lot of multi-tasking features.
Depending on the user’s preferred language, the system might display one of the several different keyboards. Near about 40 languages are already pre-installed on your iOs device.
The default keyboard displays an alphabetical keyboard initially, but the user can toggle it and display numbers and punctuation as well.
Apple’s made it easier for bilingual users to type in their favorite languages or even switch their whole device to a new language quickly. If you have been pondering over the question that How to change keyboard in iOS, then your search ends here. Take a look at the process of doing the same:
Changing Keyboard Language
iOs supports different input methods and keyboard layouts for different languages. Now, if you change your keyboard language, it will even change the dictionary used for auto-correction and the number of letters on the keyboard. Take a look at how to change keyboard language:
- Go to the Settings app.
- Scroll down and click on General > Keyboard.
- Click on Keyboards. You will see that English and Emoji will be the Default languages set.
- But, you can add a new keyboard by clicking on Add New Keyboard.
- Choose any number of languages and it will automatically be added to the keyboard language list.
- Now, you can access the new keyboard directly from your keyboard when you are typing text, the same way you were doing before.
How to Change Keyboard in iOS?
Apple gives you the option to choose between multiple keyboard options. Sometimes, it may happen that you need to change the keyboard language while typing, only.
Once you have activated different types of keyboards you can access them easily via these steps on how to change keyboard on iPhone:
- You will see a globe-shaped ball down in the keyboard. Just tap on it to choose the next language on your keyboard.
- You will see that the chosen language appears on the Space bar.
- Touch and hold this globe-shaped icon, to display a menu of enabled keyboards.
- Simply drag to choose a new keyboard.
Changing Keyboard Layout
The iPhone supports a lot of keyboard layouts to make it easy for the user to type in his native language. You can also change the hardware keyboard layout within each language. Take a look at how:
- Open Settings, then go to “General” followed by “Keyboards.”
- Tap on whatever your default keyboard layout is. Let’s say it is English. Tap on it.
- Choose the new keyboard layout. By default, QWERTY is the set layout. You can change and choose amongst AZERTY or QWERTZ
And you are done! Enjoy your new set keyboard.
Using Special Characters
It might be the case that you don’t need a full-fledged language keyboard, and just want to insert or make use of some special characters. This is a very easy phenomenon with Apple products.
- Simply, tap and hold on the alphabet, i.e. similar to the special character or letter that you want to insert.
- A pop-up box opens up. Select the character that you want to insert.
Changing the Main System Language
Usually, people set their main system language to English. But, it may happen that you are conversant in a language and want to change the whole system language into that particular language. It is possible to change the entire system language in iOs from the settings. Take a look:
- Go to Settings. Click on General.
- Scroll down to the option Language & Region.
- Under this, click on the iPhone Language option, and choose whichever language you want to set.
- Press “Done” to activate.
- You will see that your screen will turn black with a message in the language you just selected, giving you an indication that the language is being set.
- After a few minutes, iOs will reboot again, and you will see the new language is being set. And you are good to go!
Everything is going to be in the language you selected, including some icons. However, most of the apps are not compatible to translations, so they may still be primarily in English.
Anytime you feel uncomfortable; you can always switch back by following the same process again.
Since iOs 8 was released in 2014 Apple introduced the ability to install third-party keyboard apps from other developers for the first time.
The best part about using these apps is that it allows for super-fast typing and designs that you can personalize. In simple words, they make the whole experience extraordinary.
Take a look at some of the cool keyboards for iPhone:
- SwiftKey– It comes with emoji, free themes, and multiple keyboard layouts. This app is known to learn from your writing style and bound to become smarter the more you use it. You can either tap the screen to type or swipe your finger around to touch each letter.
- Google Gboard- Google has created its own iOs keyboard. The best part about using this keyboard is that it allows users to quickly perform a Google search from within the keyboard itself, no matter what app you’re using. You can simply slide your fingers from one key to another instead of tapping them, thus speeding up the typing process.
- Ginger Keyboard– Now this keyboard helps you to improve your grammar and writing style as you type. It is equipped with tools to proofread, check your grammar, find synonyms and translate texts into other languages. It also features a dictionary that you can customize with names, locations, slang, and unique words.
- Fleksy- This particular app is loaded with lots of customization and extensions, colorful keyboard themes and sizes, and even has extensions for GIFs, stickers, emoji, etc. It has even earned the title of world’s fastest keyboard from Guinness World Records. The best part is that it supports nearly 40 languages.
Install these keyboards from the App store and to add a new keyboard, go to Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards > Add a New Keyboard.
With the above-mentioned hacks, the process of How to change keyboard in iOS becomes a lot easier and handy.
Moreover, these third-party apps will give you a chance to work on some alternative keyboards and varied options. Embrace the process of changing keyboards and enjoy the features you might not have experienced before.