Apple Music is Apple’s version of music streaming services such as Spotify, Amazon Music Unlimited, Google Play Music, and Tidal, amongst others. Apple Music is equivalent to these and other services.
You are able to customize your library on Apple Music by adding the artists, songs, and albums from the Apple Music Catalog that are your favorites.
What happens, though, if the artist, song, or album that you seek is not available on Apple Music? Don’t be concerned. Apple Music will soon allow you to add your own music to the service.
Continue reading to learn how to add music to Apple Music and access your music library across all of your devices that are signed in with the same Apple ID. Songs can be added to Apple Music using iTunes, and then you can access your music library across all of your devices.
Part 1. What you need to do to add music to your library from Apple Music
Here’s how to manually add songs, albums, and playlists you love on Apple Music to your Library.
You can download it on your iOS, Android, or iPod touch device
- Launch the Music app on your iOS device, be it an iPod touch, iPad, or iPhone. Launch the Apple Music app on the Android smartphone you’re using.
- Find songs that you like and want to include in your collection.
- Tap the plus sign to add a song to your playlist. Simply tap the +ADD button to add a whole album or playlist.
After that, you’ll be able to search your Library for songs, albums, and playlists that you’ve recently added.
On your Mac
- Launch the Music application.
- Discover the songs that you would like to have in your collection.
- To add a song, click the Plus symbol located in the upper right. Simply click the +Add button to add a whole album or playlist.
After that, you will notice that Apple Music has been imported to all of the devices that are supported by Apple.
After you’ve imported music, the Library section is where you’ll find songs and albums, and the sidebar is where you’ll find playlists.
- 3 Reasons Why Watching Films Online Beats DVDs
- Lost or Stolen Phone
- Podcasting Software – 10 Essential Tips
On your PC
- Launch Apple’s iTunes software for Windows.
- Locate the songs that you would like to add to your collection of music.
- To add a song, click the Plus symbol located in the upper right. Simply click the +ADD button to add a whole album or playlist.
Your songs and albums can be found in the Library, and your playlists can be found in the sidebar of the Library under the heading Apple Music Playlists.
Part 2. Apple Music with iTunes: Adding Your Own Music
You won’t be able to add an audio file to your Apple Music library if it was made by you or if it was downloaded from another service without your permission. Instead, you are required to have a current Apple Music subscription in addition to a copy of iTunes already installed on either your PC or Mac.
After that, you’ll have access to your music library on all of your devices, provided that each of those devices is signed in with the same Apple ID.
One thing you need to take into consideration before uploading your own music to iTunes is the format of the audio file that you intend to use. Audio formats that can be played using iTunes include AAC, MP3, WAV, AIFF, Audible.aa files, and M4A and M4P music files that were purchased through iTunes.
In the event that the format of your music cannot be played, you will be required to convert it to the one listed above.
In this situation, we strongly suggest that you use this multifunctional audio converter known as Apeaksoft Video Converter Ultimate to assist you in converting any audio file to the format that is supported by iTunes without sacrificing the audio’s quality.
Step 1 Download Video Converter Ultimate, install it on your computer and run it.
Step 2 Click the Add File button in the main interface to load your music. To convert several audio files at once, you can import them all at once.
Step 3 Select a format for the target audio file from the drop-down list, such as WAV. Next, click Browse next to Destination to select the output folder. Finally, click Convert to begin converting.
Here are the steps you can follow to add your own songs to Apple Music with iTunes after converting your audio files to the iTunes supported format.
- Using a Mac or PC, launch iTunes. The Add File to Library option can be found on the File menu bar.
- You can add songs from your computer by opening iTunes and finding the song(s).
- In case everything goes according to plan, your new song will appear in Apple Music on your iPhone once the file has been synced.
We hope that by the time you’ve finished reading this page, you’ll be able to effectively add music from Apple Music to your library as well as add your own songs to Apple Music by using iTunes.
There is a good chance that iTunes does not support the audio format of your music if you are unable to import it into the program.
If this is the case, you can turn to Apeaksoft Video Converter for assistance in converting your own audio, such as WMA files, to MP3 or one of the other formats that are supported.